QuickTime is an inbuilt program in MacOS and it can play various types of audios and videos. However, most of them are not aware that it comes handy to create different types of recordings such as it can make audio recordings using your Mac’s microphone, or video recordings with your webcam. QuickTime also lets you make screen recordings! Yes, QuickTime player lets you create record full motion videos such as to demonstrate troubleshooting steps, creating tutorials, etc. Well, this article focuses on how to create QuickTime screen recordings on Mac systems. To create this, you must have at least Mac OS X 10.6.8.
- Initially open QuickTime Player from Application folder or Doc
- Next, click on the “File Menu” and the “New Screen Recording”
- Now the screen recording of QuickTime opens and there you will have two options. You can either click record to use the built in Mic or click the downward arrow to select an audio input.
- From the dropdown list of downward arrow, choose use Built-In Input or Soundflower and select the “Record Button”
- Windows pop up to explain how to stop the recording. So just go through this and click on Start Recording.
- Once you start recording, you can also see notice the Stop recording option at the top of the screen.
- To play the video, press Play and then take the video full screen.
- As the video completes you can either hit on “ESC” key on your keyboard or hit the exit full screen button.
- As you stop recording the screen the screen will open immediately in Quicktime Player.
- You can find the movie located in the movie folder on your Mac with the help of the finder by clicking on the finder icon.
- You can click on your Home folder, there you can see the movies and the screen recording.mov file.
- Drag the file from the movies folder to the Desktop.
- Now it’s ready to use in Gamebreaker.
QuickTime Player supports various media formats like MOV, MP4 and so on. At times, QuickTime files shows error messages and may not play on QuickTime player or any other media player. Sometimes, it plays but you would notice some audio video synchronization issue which indicates corruption of QuickTime file corruption. In such situation, make use of QuickTime Repair software. This software repairs your videos in less span of time. This application first analyzes the file and fixes all the issues on both the streams individually and then joins them to create a healthy playable video file thus all your original file will be kept intact. This tool fixes MOV and also broken MP4 video repair with ease. Even the files showing error 2048 can be fixed easily with this tool. Works on all latest versions of Windows and Mac OS. Also, supports audio codecs like sowt, RAW, mp4a and video codecs such as avc1, mp4v, mjpeg.