A file association is a procedure by which a system file can be opened with the help of an application. Let’s say you want to open a media file then you need to associate this media file with a media player which supports that type of format or else it will not open. Same goes for the .doc file also. To open a .doc file you have to use MS Office application.
.doc files association problems/error messages:
Most of the time, you might face difficulty in opening a Word file. There are many reasons for this type of problems, and how will you handle if the .doc association problem is still persisting in your system or not. But you need to know how to identify this type of issue. If you see these symptoms then you will know that there is something wrong with the .doc file association in your system:
- A window will pop up showing it is not a valid Win32 application and your .doc file may display as an abnormal or different image.
- While opening a .doc file, you may encounter a message that “the program associated with the file is not able to perform this operation, and create an association in the set association control panel.”
- The file is not a valid Word file.
Once you identify the problem you might think “Is DOC file is corrupted or are you doing something wrong?” Well, if you are doing everything right, and upon that you are facing issues, then there is a chance that the DOC file is corrupted. The DOC file gets corrupt or damaged due to many reasons. These are the following reasons which will give you an idea of how your Word file might get corrupt:
- When you are trying to open .doc file with another application which does not support .doc file format, then there is a maximum chance that your MS Word file might get corrupt.
- The main function of the Windows registry is to associate .doc files to MS Office program. If the registry files get corrupt then it will not be able to associate .doc files with MS Word, and your Word file will become inaccessible.
- If the header file of the Word gets damaged, then the Word file will become inaccessible.
- There are some other factors also due to which, .doc file association gets damaged like virus or spyware attack, improper download, application malfunction, etc.
Solutions for .doc file association problems:
If you are also facing the same problem as mentioned above, then how you will repair .doc file association? Well, if this happens then there is no reason to panic. You can easily repair .doc file association. There is an awesome application available in the market by name DOC File Repair software which can easily perform .doc file association repair on all Windows OS based machines. This software having inbuilt read only algorithm which ensures you that, there will not be any modification while repairing process.
Features of DOC File Repair Software:
DOC file repair software is the most trusted application available in the market to repair .doc file association which is recommended by many experts and is being used by many users. DOC File repair software can perform its repair operation in both .doc file and .docx file. It can repair DOC/DOCX file of all versions of Microsoft Word application. This tool is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008. The DOC File Repair has a great interface which enables both technical and non-technical people to use it without any hassle. The applications can repair any broken, encrypted and inaccessible file. Apart from all of these stated features, it can also recover text, OLE objects, formats, etc from a damaged Word file. This application has the feature where you can preview your repaired Word file before restoration.